From: Erik G Wood <genericwood@domain.elided>
To: alfa-digest@domain.elided <alfa-digest@domain.elided>
Date: Wednesday, 9 June 2004 7:28
Subject: [alfa] Compression

>Guess I don't understand the need to worry about compression ratios on
stock Alfas.  My '74 GTV with Spica runs 10:1 pistons and does just fine on
premium unleaded.  In fact, I run a little more max advance than the book
calls for.  No pinging at all.  As far as enriching the Spica at high loads,
I believe you can achieve some enrichment at high rpm/throttle angles by
running in the "F" freezing position all the time.  I don't think this
affect low rpm running.