[alfa] L-jet air fuel mixture question

digesters,

i was reading over greg gordon's V6 tune up guide, and
i have a question: i recommends dialing around the CO
adjuster on the AFM to tweak the reading of the O2
meter at idle to get it close to .5V. is this kosher?
my understanding was that the CO adjuster was not to
be touched without an EGA. my idle is a bit rich
(.6-.7), is the CO bypass the way to correct, or
should i seek another solution?

thanks,
-ethan schartman
-87 milano gold