[alfa] crank pulley removal

Joe,
Hit the nut with a 1/2 impact wrench, lots of pressure, and a short air hose,
and it should come right off. The engine usually will not rotate when you hit
it with an impact. Mine did not even budge, despite my concerns - yours will
probably not either.
Very close tolerances on the crankshaft can make it tricky to remove the
pulley, but it does just slide off, as does the 20-tooth t-belt pulley behind
it. To remove the seal, I drill a small hole, then put a screw in there and
pull back (prybar, hammer, or some such device). Careful with machined
surfaces and the drill. Some seals come out easier than others. I had to drill
about 10 holes on a rear main once...

ciao,

karl