From: owner-alfa@domain.elided [mailto:owner-alfa@domain.elided]On Behalf Of
Alex Rodriguez
Sent: Thursday, June 03, 2004 1:12 PM
To: alfa-digest@domain.elided
Subject: Re: [alfa] Rear view mirror caution

At 6/2/2004 04:12 AM, you wrote:
>A word of caution, though not necessary on this occasion, never use
>cyanoacrilate adhesive (superglue) on laminated windshields, it can cause
>the inner layer to crack. I have seen several sad cases, all folks trying
>re-attach mirrors .

How can you tell if you windshield is laminated?  I had an Omni that lost
it's
mirror.  I was in a hurry, read lazy, and just used superglue.  It never
caused my windshield to crack, but it would only last for a short time,
about a week.  I would hit a bump and it would fall off.  I would then
repeat the process.  I did this for quite some time before I went out and
bought the windshield mirror specific glue.

---