Re: [alfa] Rear view mirror caution

At 6/2/2004 04:12 AM, you wrote:
A word of caution, though not necessary on this occasion, never use
cyanoacrilate adhesive (superglue) on laminated windshields, it can cause
the inner layer to crack. I have seen several sad cases, all folks trying to
re-attach mirrors .
How can you tell if you windshield is laminated? I had an Omni that lost it's
mirror. I was in a hurry, read lazy, and just used superglue. It never caused my windshield to crack, but it would only last for a short time, about a week. I would hit a bump and it would fall off. I would then repeat the process. I did this for quite some time before I went out and bought the windshield mirror specific glue.