[alfa] Re: alfa-digest V10 #127

Hello Thomas:

I had the same situation on my GTV6 which I have owned since 1982. The first time I applied the rear mirror adhesive onto the spongy tape and it held on the glass for about a year.  The next time no such luck; so I sanded the back of the mount down to metal and applied the mirror adhesive and it has not come apart for the past fifteen or so years. Make sure you mark the position the mirror goes on the glass with a crayon before sticking it.

Nash

From: "Thomas Moll"
Subject: RE: [alfa] How to re-attach rearview mirror?

Good advise, I was actually looking at 3M's website and they of course make
hundreds of different tapes.

I would normally just get something that looks good and try it but I drive
this car more on the track than on the street and I'm concerned about the
mirror coming unglued (literally) under heavy braking or cornering so I
really want 'the real thing'

Thanks
Thomas