[alfa] RE: valve clearances with head off block?

Hi All

Like Jeff, I have adjusted clearances with the head off the block, not
many times, but some, when I had dead time during the day and it was
convenient to just throw the head in the trunk of the GTV and take it
with me to mess with. Every time the engine, whichever one it was, 1750
Berlina, 2000 GTv etc ran sweet with not change in clearances. Likewise
with engine front timing covers: all the ones that we see out here seem
to be interchangeable however I have not tried putting a 1600 cover on a
2000. I know that the covers from carbed engines fit without problems on
the Spica engines - I've sent enough of them to the US!

The change of valeve clearances with engine temperature is another
issue: it does happen with some engines and heads.

Ciao tutti.

Les in Wellington New Zealand
In danger of having his roof knocked off by Superwoofer   :-)