[alfa] Free-reving MGA Twin Cams & Alfas (Milanos)

I'm a few days behind in my digests but must admit to enjoying the comments
regarding the free-reving MGA twin cams.  Having never driven a twin cam I
cannot make a direct comparison with Alfas of the same vintage,  However, my
brother Ray purchased  Fred D's (yes that Fred D) '87 Milano Gold and I have had
the opportunity to drive it a few times (also rode with Fred driving it).
Undoubtedly, that Alfa Milano revs like no other Alfa I have ever driven.  I base
that comparison on having owned Alfas since my first one in 1964 and
essentially continuously since that time.  In mostly 2 liter cars (from the 2 L cast
iron version, to the GTV, to Spiders and to the 164) the Milano of Fred revs
better than any other I've experienced.  I don't have a direct comparison to the
MGA Twin Cam (I have driven other models but not the Twin Cam) but would be
frankly surprised if it surpasses the Milano, at least Fred's old car.  Maybe
Fred knew a few things about Alfas he didn't always share with everyone else,
Buddy Guynn
Fort Myers, FL, USA
'86 Spider Veloce
'95 164 LS