[alfa] Importing an ES30 - another possibility...

Mark Denovich sagely suggests: "If you are going to commit a felony, at
least do it the easy way."

********

A man after my own heart. I suspect most of you who have suggested
rather iffy (at best) ways of importing an ES30 are not con artists. You
no doubt feel as I do, that bringing in, let's just say for instance,
several thousand cars from Europe which don't quite meet our specs,
isn't going to really hurt anyone. True, if they are imported from the
Orient (unless of European origin), that should automatically be a
felony (no happy face today).

I love the "modern" SZ. Love the original also, but way too pretty (in a
good way) to be outrageous.

When I win the lottery (any day now) I'll bring one over and we can pull
a mold as John H. suggested. A fellow not far from here does great
fiberglas And carbon fiber work.

I'd of course keep the original, then also build one in unpainted carbon
fiber.

Insurance: I'm guessing once one obtains registration for the car a
company such as Haggerty would be more than happy to insure it for an
outrageous declared value for less than $150 per year providing you have
a more modern insured car.

Biba
Irwindale, CA USA