Re: [alfa] Comparing cars

Will Owen <nashwill912@domain.elided> wrote:

<<I'd like to get some input concerning two more recent cars, both of which I find fiercely interesting, if not equally attractive: the last-generation Mazda RX-7, and the Alfa ES30. While the latter was never sold here, I see no reason why a dead-on copy could not
be built and licensed, since the car is after all essentially a Milano in drag, and everything I've read about this beast seems to indicate that the results would be well worth the effort.>>

If memory serves, there was some discussion-in-passing here on the Alfa Digest (and, for all I know, around water coolers throughout the USA) on the feasibility of importing the ES30 (which I find wildly desirable my own bad self) as a "Milano in drag." I think this would be a capital notion, not that I know much about this sort of thing, but perhaps those better prepared to field these sorts of thoughts might might step up to the tee box and have a whack at it.

Thoughts?

-Joe in SoFla
1984 GTV-6 Maratona
~22K mi.