[alfa] Diesels

Ralph suggested getting a 300CD Turbodiesel.  While I really enjoyed owning one, I'm not sure I would place it in the realm of "modern" diesels!  The car was efficient, rock solid reliable transportation.  But also noisy, smelly and absolutely undriveable on slick roads.  The boost came on so abruptly that you had to learn to ease off the throttle at precisely the moment the boost came on.  Now a later normally aspirated 300 series diesel 6 cylinder.  That's a different story!

Erik Wood