[no subject]

Bob queries:

From: "Bob & Mauri Rand" <r-mrand@domain.elided>
Subject: [alfa] How to check for air leaks...HELP!!!

Hello all!!

I recently encountered a problem with my spider...

It appears I have an air leak on the intake side of the house causing the car
to shudder, but no stop.

Bob, get a spray can of starter-fluid, affix the red nozzle, idle the car and
spray one section of the intake hoses at a time. If there is a leak, the car
will increase idle momentarily, then drop back down. The ether will dissolve
away quickly and not leave a mess. Be mindful to NOT spray in the area of the
coil etc, and only "use in a well-ventilated area...."

AD