Re: [alfa] heat shield vibration woes...

My method - Bigger screws and some teflon thread sealer. It's pretty
annoying though, and took me a while to get this one. I believe it has
something to do with the heat from the catalytic converter causing the
goo into which the screws screw to get soft, and then they work their
way out.

-Ben
'78 Spider (now just gotta replace the cat with a freer (free-er?)
flowing one to gain .25hp)

On Sun, 23 May 2004 12:27:29 -0400, J.R. Lehman mentioned the following:
> Alfisti,
>
> My wife's '86 Spider has a noticeable buzzing/rattling sound which I
> think is coming from the heat shield on the driver's side.  Is this a
> know issue for a car with 90K+ miles, and does anyone have any
> suggestions for quieting noisy heat shields?  The vibration is
> RPM-dependent and occurs both during acceleration and deceleration.
>
> Tried and true methods for fixing heat shields on other models are
> welcome as well.
>
> Cheers,
>
> --jim
>
> '67 Duetto