[alfa] heat shield vibration woes...

Alfisti,

My wife's '86 Spider has a noticeable buzzing/rattling sound which I think is coming from the heat shield on the driver's side. Is this a know issue for a car with 90K+ miles, and does anyone have any suggestions for quieting noisy heat shields? The vibration is RPM-dependent and occurs both during acceleration and deceleration.

Tried and true methods for fixing heat shields on other models are welcome as well.

Cheers,

--jim

'67 Duetto
'86 Spider Veloce