Re: [alfa] Spider pops out of reverse

Once, my parents were listening to air traffic controllers over a
shortwave radio. A plane took off, spewing smoke, and the ATC pointed
it out to them (understandably worried). The response? "it's normal for
this plane"

same supposedly goes for the spiders. Before my new clutch, never
happened. Now I can't take my hand off the shifter. My mechanic said
it's normal once they reach a certain point, so a rebuild is the only
way to fix it. At the moment I trust him with my life, so I have no
reason to doubt him about this.

-Ben
'78 Spider (current question - is it normal to spin when you go around
turns too fast? just kidding)

On Fri, 21 May 2004 22:11:41 -0700, Andrew McDonald mentioned the
following: