[alfa] Montreals & John H's wonderful writing

Hi all

Just wanted to thank John H. too for his lovely comments and insights re the
Montreal. I'd like to add a few things to that if I may. Of course my ultimate
ambition is to own and drive an Alfa 33 Stradale. It embodies all that first
attracted me to cars. That said, I do think that there are a number of Ferraris
that fit that bill, despite their rather un-"accessible excellence" :) There
were actually 2 Montreal prototypes, and as far as I can determine they were
identical. The production version was largely unchanged from them, except of
course the engine, with the prototypes being slightly lower, wider and longer.
The Montreal engine was also fitted to a few Alfetta GTV bodies by the German
Alfa distributor at the time, which I'm sure has been spoken about here before.
And I must recommend Bruce Taylor's great Montreal site again, at
http://www.alfamontreal.info/

Ciao

Zak