Dean
Lutz, FL
'74 & '87 Spider Veloce's

At 05:47 PM 5/21/2004, you wrote:

Date: Fri, 21 May 2004 09:21:32 -0700 (PDT)
From: Tessie McMillan <tessmc@domain.elided>
Subject: [alfa] come again (was bigger capacity Spider alternator)

Apologies to the crowd, but this went by me a little fast. I am interested
in the following discussion but am at a loss as to how to interpret some
of the terminology. Can you clarify just a bit more (off-line is OK if not
appropriate for the entire digest.) My questions:
        B+? which wire is that and what does the "B" mean?
        8-gauge: how did you determine what replacement wire to use?
        Where is the voltage regulator (the only thing I can think "VR"
stands for) located, and what's the purpose of an adjustable one?

You are right; the voltage totally sucks when compared to an early Spider,
but I didn't realize one could do anything about it and I'd like to!

This is of course painfully ironic since without a kill switch my spider
eats through batteries like they were disposable...

Tess
p.s. It's on these occasions that I really miss Fred...