[alfa] Re: Ferrari 1976 308 GT 4

Didn't want to get involved in this dicussion as the last alfa I had was a
nearly a year ago. There
seems to be a lot of miss-information bandied around, and well I own one so
here goes.

I have owned many alfas in the past and the last one I sold was an Alfa 90.
There is no way on this planet that a standard Montreal, GTV6 or any other
alfa is going to beat a Euro GT4.
Period. Especially on the twisties, never mind a 400m drag.

And here is the key. they all have to be standard. Start modifying any of
the above, and it's a different
arguement.

Ok, you don't have to take the engine out for the following: cam belts,
water pump, valve adjustment, or
any other nonesence. doing the cam belts on these cars is like doing one on
a Fiat or a V6 alfa (except for the hydraulic de-tensioner bit).
Yes the clutch is heavy, the steering is heavy depending on how it's setup
with respect to castor angle. All inputs
lighten up once you are moving (except for the clutch), and the whole car
comes alive when you are on the track

the car is easy to work on for the DIYers out there ( I am one of those).
But I agree on the advice to buy the best example you can afford. Don't get
fixer uppers. you will regret it.

One final note, yes I really enjoyed my Alfas of the past, but after this
Ferrari, I would never consider one again.
But really, my car is not a daily, so you have to weigh up what you really
want from the car, and how you want to use it. And I still my Fiat 124 sport
after all is said and done. Not a total Ferrari snob :)

If anyone has any questions about this, I will be happy to share any
experiences I have.
here is a link to the car http://www.iosystems.com.au/car/

Regards, Ants.