Re: [alfa] Re: Selling a car online

Something similar happened to me, where the purchaser (in the UK) said he represented the actual buyer and would send me a For Real check for $__K in excess of the price (for shipping and commission, etc.) and could I then give him the difference? I said yes, once funds were *securely* in my account.

Oddly enough, I never heard from him after that.

-Joe in SoFla
1984 GTV-6 Maratona ~22K mi.

Mcmahonmik@domain.elided wrote:

Danger, Will Robinson, Danger!

Let me guess, they want detailed information on YOUR bank account, they are
out of the country but have a "business associate" here in the states that owes
them $10,000: if you could just deposit that US check for the 10 grand and
forward the difference to them they would appreciate it.

A friend that sells a lot of cars has collected 2 checks so far for $10,000
and has corresponded with a number of people. (He thinks this is fun, but hey,
this is a guy that drives a Ford Anglia! :-) They say "OFFICIAL CHECK", so
they must be legit! They are printed with real bank names. The banks in
question were glad to hear from my friend (although bothered that it happened
again) and the FBI always wants a copy. The check I saw was mailed from Ireland.