Re: [alfa] Re: V6 valve guides

Another point of reference is that not all of your valve guides may be out of spec and you may not need to do all of them.  On my 164S with <50K miles that had high oil consumption, I noticed ash deposits only on the #5 plug.  When I took the front head off and checked, only the #5 intake was out of spec and there was noticable wobble of the valve in its guide.  I was able to replace that guide (at home) and oil consuption has been less than 1 Qt/1000 miles over the the last 15K miles!

Does anyone have any ideas as why only the #5 intake valve would wear on a well-maintained engine?

-Farzan (in CT)

.