RE: [alfa] Selling a car online

Dave -
I have been buying and selling cars around the country since my first long
distance buy in 1973. (I have been doing the same with parts for a bit
longer.)
I have bought and sold several vehicles long distance since the advent of
the internet, but take what I say with caution. I am not a professional,
just a hobbyist.

That said, I recommend the same safeguards in the e world as in the paper
world.
1 - Never give your account numbers to     	anyone. A typical online
transaction 	scam asks for your account info so 	that they can wire money to
you 	when, in fact, the reverse is the 	intent: they will clean out your
account. This is more prevalent 	today - quicker access.
2 - Never giver your account numbers to 	anyone. See #1.
3 - There are online escrow companies that 	can hold money until the
physical 	transaction takes place. Use one. 	They take the risk, not you.
4 - Though not an escrow company, Paypal 	is the safest way that I have
found 	to accept money from others and to 	pay others. You never have to
give 	an account number to anyone other 	than Paypal, only an email address.
5 - Did I mention not to give your account 	numbers to anyone?

Good luck,
Ben
6 Alfas in the drive and garage - 4 of them acquired through e-transactions.

---