[alfa] Re: Classic radios

For those people debating the relative merits of older radios, there is an outift in Germany that sells re-furbished Blaupunkts and Beckers. They seem to be very knowledgeable on the subject, and if you write and tell them the year and model of your Alfa, they can tell you what was the most likely Becker or Blaupunkt model for that era. Here's the URL:

http://www.koenigs-klassik.de/indexe.html

I was hot to buy something vintage, with pushbuttons, when I first bought my '67 GTV thinking I had to have a radio in my vehicle, but I've since fallen for the beautiful noises emanating from under the hood, and don't see much need for it now. I'd love to find an original radio blank off plate for the hole in the dash, but feel sure that would cost more than buying a good quality radio. Still, I hesitate to carve any more holes in the dash or door panels, so what I've done is make up a portable radio system in case I feel the need to listen to the ballgame or CarTalk or something on a long boring voyage.

I bought a Tivoli Audio "Pal" which is a smallish portable radio with rechargeable batteries. An added bonus is that you can buy a $5 cable at Radio shack and play your iPod through it. So I can use it as a radio, or listen to audio books and Italian language lessons via the iPod. The Tivoli is exactly the right size to wedge in between the front seats so it doesn't fly around the cockpit.

http://www.tivoliaudio.com/pPALBLK.htm

VIVA ALFA
tom hardy
'67 GTV