[alfa] V6 valve guides

Hey guys,  I'm just wondering how many of you have replaced your own valve
guides?  The wife's 164 needs a head gasket job and has about 120,000 miles
on it.  It burns a little oil and puffs a bit a WOT.  I hate the idea of
going through
all the work of pulling the heads and not doing seals and guides but can't
have
the car off the road long enough to send the heads out.  I don't trust any of
the
local shops to do this.  Can it be done relatively well with typical tools?
Just
a matter of punching out the old, punching in the new, reaming to size, and
hand
lapping the valves?  Or would the seats require re-cut?  I've had a few Alfa
heads
apart. I'm very comfortable with valve adjustments etc. but have never done
guides before.

Thanks for the help,

Dave McCrory
Maryville TN,