RE: [alfa] concours-correct '70s vintage radios, etc

The FM / cassette player in my old 72 spider was made by Audiovox and had
the Alfa Romeo logo and script on the tape door. It even worked, though it
sounded awful and looked like the kiddies of a PO had smeared it with a
variety of foodstuffs. It looked quite period and I always assumed it was a
dealer installed option when the car was new if not a factory radio in 72.

I agree with the observations made about the two best radios of the day, but
it would also seem to me that lesser brands would be more commonly found in
a car of the Alfa's price point and purpose than a Becker or Blaupunkt. My
personal preference is to keep the dash (and the entire car) as period
original as possible, without hacking, so any twin shaft period radio or the
more common blanking plate would be great. The current owner of my old car
has wisely fitted a original issue plate over the space previously occupied
by the Audiovox. That should be good for at least as many points as any
radio.

Richard
85 Spider (sporting period correct Japanese twin knob cassette/radio and
speakers)

---