Re: [alfa] new rear brakes on '77 spider

> EBC Green Stuff pads.  Never mix brands or compounds front/rear or
> left/right.  TireRack has the EBC pads.

Dean has far more experience with the 115 Spiders than I do, but for a transaxle car I've found it a must to mix and match compounds to get the right braking feel and balance.

On my Milano, I run a full race CarboTech 1106 in front and a Porterfield R4S in rear.   Using both different brands and compounds.

This might be unique to the transaxle cars, and note that I retained the ABS which might have some bearing on it.   FWIW, without the ability to control bias on the ABS, changing pads allows me to control the amount of braking front/rear.

I would highly recommend the CarboTech pads.

YMMV

-Peter