[alfa] Dash recovering on GTV

I had a call from a fella that just bought a nice sounding 72 GTV. The
PO was restoring the car and didn't have it completely reassembled. The
dash is out and is cracked. The new owner is not real fond of the dash
caps and asked about having it covered in either leather or vinyl. He
was particularly interest in having it done the same way he had seen a
car at a car show. The covering around the instrument pods were
stitched. I think it's called French stitching. At least that is what I
was told years ago. He was interested in finding a shop that can recover
his dash and include that stitching process. Is there a shop that he
could send his dash to that specializes in recovering Alfa dashes?  Also
what are the pros and cons for leather vs. German vinyl?
TIA, Fred Zimmermann AROCCC