[alfa] 164 alarm

Although my current 1991 164L does not have a factory fit alarm I used to
have a 1994 164 TS (UK) which had the alarm with the keyswitch in the trunk.
When I went to collect it the dealer said they were having problems with the
remote locking, he had both remotes and all keys on one ring and was
randomly pressing both remotes and the car would not unlock except with the
key. They replaced the main receiver board  and handed over the car. Soon
the problem reoccurred. So time for proper non dealer investigation from web

The alarm has its own battery and is triggered if the car battery is
disconnected. I learnt this the hard way in the middle of a quiet night.
It is a multi channel system and the car needs to be ' taught ' about each
remote up to four, through a recessed set/ reset code button in the overhead
console.
It treats each remote as a separate line i.e. the remote that locks the car
should be used to unlock the car, if a second remote is used then the car is
in effect locked twice and needs to be unlocked by both remotes in the
correct order.
Excessive random keying of the remotes will produce a 15 second ' lock out'
then an alarm state as it believes it is being ' code scanned.
Some of this info may have faded in memory with time but the problem may be
as simple as re entering the remote code or has the alarm memory support
battery failed?
Frightening eh?
Mat.

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/gif which had a name of IMSTP.gif]