[alfa] Re: '73 Spider Steering Wheel

No, a '73 Spider steering wheel will not fit a Duetto!  Although both have
the keyed shaft, the later short-column dished steering wheel will not fit on an
earlier long-column car, it will foul on the aluminium surround and the
plastic upper and lower cowls.  They other way round (early steering wheel on late
car) is possible but it will leave a large ugly gap.

In Europe (and Australia) the short column with heavily dished steering wheel
was introduced with the 2000 in 1971 and other models followed soon
afterwards.  In the USA, the short column was introduced for the 1969 model year (I
think), so Jeff is half correct, the steering wheel from a later car would fit on
a 1969 US 1750 "Duetto".

Chris Sweetapple
Highwood Motor Company
Swansea, U.K.