Re: [alfa] CSC headers

I think Andy might have worked the kinks out for you here... Everything Jeff said is right, but I think Andy can supply the studs, and I think he may have fixed the hole spacing issue. If you ask him nice he can probably supply them coated too. I was able to keep my heat shield, you can jam it in between the headers and the starter... I used some safety wire to keep mine in place.

(I bought my CSC headers when EBSpares was the only supplier. I got to figure this stuff out on my own.)

--Mark
http://mark.denovich.org

Jeff Greenfield wrote:

IMHO the finish on the CSC headers is pretty cheesy especially considering
what they cost. I installed a set in a car almost a year ago, and due to
time constraints I did not send them to Jet Hot. If I were installing
another set I probably would.

There was also an issue with the fitment of the left (I think, can't recall
for sure) header. The hole spacing for the studs on the heads was off a
little. This required 'opening' several of the holes up with a die grinder.
Don't know if this has been fixed or not.

Lastly, you will need some slightly longer studs to install them properly.
The original studs in the heads are too short, and I installed studs in the
holes that originally took bolts. You have to do this as there is not enough
room to use a bolt.

I forget the length of the requires studs, I can look it up for you tomorrow
if you like.

Oh, and you will lose the heat shield on the starter.