[alfa] 105 Benditalia Brake Boosters

Esteemed Digesti,

Years ago I was plagued with failing boosters on two 1969 cars in our garage.
I have read in recent posts all sorts of ways (some quite entertaining) on how
to determine if the booster is sucking fluid.  I believe in the K.I.S.S.
principle: Keep it Simple, Stupid!
A quick way to find out if you have fluid in the booster is to loosen the
large clamp, spin it around so it is at the bottom of the booster and
carefully seperate the two halves with a small screwdriver.  If they are
sucking fluid you will know very quickly as it will run out in to your engine
compartment (I would have a hose handy)

HTH

Dave De Rosier
San Diego
2003 MINI Cooper S (and a severe burning for another Alfa in my garage)