If you like the idea of using one-way bleeding, stop into a pet store that sells aquarium supplies and buy a Tetra one-way air valve, for ~$2. Install that in your bleeder hose, and it works great. They're only good for one use, though, as brake fluid attacks the plastic the valve is made of. I also like to use the Tetra silicone air hose for bleeding, as it stretches tightly over the bleeders. This stuff also works great for replacing windshield washer hoses.

Regards,

Dean

At 11:37 PM 5/9/2004, you wrote:

Date: Sun, 9 May 2004 14:35:43 EDT
From: GModelle@domain.elided
Subject: [alfa] 115 front brake calipers

Alfisti,
The excellent Inter-europe manual shows the front brake being bled with the
bleed screw on the top side of the caliper. I've been having trouble clearing
the brakes and it occurs to me that the way the car is now...the bleed screw is
at the bottom. The thing is, both my 115's are this way (bleed screw on the
bottom) and one I've never had apart. It makes no sense to me that they'd be on
the bottom. Can someone help?

Thanks to all who helped with my synchro ring removal issue. I modified my
stout pliers by grinding small grooves in the pins to allow the pliers to get
some traction on the snap ring. A little practice and it seems to go much
better.

Has anyone tried the valved brake bleed screws that Centerline sells? They
seem attractive for single-person brake work. Thanks, Digest.

modelle in somers point
11501
11502