[alfa] How (not) to install a Reinz head gasket

I own one of two '67 GTV's that got a new 2 liter engine last month and
immediately got water in the oil.  The other car belongs to a friend.  We got
our Reinz head gaskets from different places, neither of which told us to use
sealant.

Alfa Parts, where I bought the replacement, sends out instructions for sealing
the Reinz head gaskets they sell.   I will be happy to send a scanned jpg
image of that instruction sheet to anyone who wants it.

Centerline, IAP and Alfaholics provide no such instruction.  Centerline, in
fact, says to put head gaskets on dry.

The sealant I was advised to use is Permatex Ultra Grey.

I now have about 250 miles on the second head gasket and all is well.  My
friend also put on a new gasket, with sealant, and his car is fine.

Lyford Hale

There is a solution!"

http://mail.spaminspector.com