[alfa] Re:Hillsborough Concours

What a day that was and what spectacular cars - not just the Alfas but the
Ferraris, Lambos, Astons and Healeys et al. However John Mozart's 1937 8C2900B
was (and is) magnificent. However my preference was for Lawrence Frye's
stunning  red and black 1939 6C2500 S.S. Spider. John Cecil's roundtail was as
gorgeous as the other 45 Alfas which I am sure made the judging very difficult
indeed. On the subject of 67 roundtails, there was a movie being shot here in
Oakland and Berkeley a month ago (name escapes me)  with Richard Gere and Juliette
Binoche. Gere plays a UC Berkeley professor who drives a 67 red spider (don't
they all since Dustin Hoffman graduated and made a fortune in plastics ?) and
Binoche, playing his wife, drives a late 70s Volvo  wagon. How Berkeley can
you get ?..... I read that they rented (?) two or three of the Alfas for the
making of the film  and possibly the original Graduate car - anyone on the Digest
?
Graham Arlen