[alfa] Installing new speedo cable in '79 Alfetta

Greetings,

I'm wondering if anyone has any  words of
wisdom/things to look out for  regarding the
installation of
a new speedometer cable in a '79 Alfetta (later
version, clip on cable).  It seems straight-
forward upon inspection, however I'm curious, if
upon removal of the cable from it's attachment
point on
the transaxle, will I encounter gearbox oil??
Since the drain plug for the gearbox oil isn't
very far, I'm a
little wary of the procedure.  Better to ask now,
right?

- Jeff Barhoum

 '76 Alfetta Sedan
 '77 Alfetta Sedan