Re: [alfa] ALFA 164 windshield wipers have spazed out

All my Alfas from Alfetta Sedan on and all 3 164's and Milano all have suffered from loosening of the fastening nut which secures the arm to the post. You may be seeing the beginning of this. When it comes on full the arm will not move. Pull the plastic cap and check the tightness of that 13 or 14 mm nut. (Do both sides or you'll have to do it in the rain (and cold and dark if you're lucky).

Bernie Bennett

Meiris/Haslego wrote:

the wipers on my 1991 164 are only moving about 3/4 of their arc and when
shut off they stop in just shy of the middle of the windshield.
where do I start to troubleshoot this?

thanks

Bill
1991 164