[alfa] RE: Motronic fuel quality switch

Some very knowledgeable lister mentioned this miracle switch in a post last
week.  Does it have any effect on power?  I did a Google (NYSE: ??) search
on Motronic FQS, and had a couple Porsche hits, but none for Alfa. The Alfa
Factory manual, which I have, doesn't mention the FQS switch. Some Porsche
digest page from the 1990s show the following  seven switch positions (sorry
if the formatting is screwed up):
Switch Position  Fuel Correction  Ignition Correction
0 (stock)			 0			0
1				 +3.1%		0
2				 +6.3%		0
3				 -3.9%		0
4				 0			-2.790
5				+3.1%			-2.790
6				+6.3%			-2.790
7				-3.9%			-2.790

If these values hold true for the Alfa, which could best serve to alleviate
moderate pinging under say 33% load? It pings less under full load, and
drivability is fine. Would changing these settings provide more HP, as would
a chip? If so, what would give the most increase? Thanks!

Jonathan Thames
1992 Spider