[alfa] re: electronic ignition

Once again from a previous alfa-digest:

The Golden Lodge 2HL is a great spark plug. However, During the last
years I have been using the NGK sparks. Be careful so you get the
correct plug for your 105 engine. I use B7ES and not the BP7ES. The "P"
indicates that the electrode is a bit further down on the spark plug.
The NGK refer to this as "projected insulator". The B7ES have the
correct temperature and the electrode is not causing picking and maybe
causing other ignition problems.

The first letter "B" means the threading. In Europe "B" means 14mm
thread (M14 x 1.25). The letter "E" means the length of the threading,
in this case 19 mm. The shorter threading has "H" as an indicator, =
12.7 mm. The "7" tells us about the temperature of the spark plug. "P"
means "projected insulator". The "S" is just for information about the
material in the plug. NGK has this S to tell that there is a copper in
the core of the plug. If I understand the NGK information correct,
driving with a "P" spark plug might give you trouble with pinking or
what ever you call it over there.

Veni, vidi, veloce et salute  Wille R. in Scandinavia