[alfa] Paint codes for 73 Spider

Al, I have no information as to what colors were available on the Spider
vs the GTV let alone specific years various colors were
offered...however, I do have three pages of  Du Pont paint swatches
"Color Standards & Information Supplied by Du Pont Belgium" with the
notation: Rev. 3/80.

I do believe  Richard Arnold probably came up with the color you are
looking for: AR103 "ivory" (I believe the correct name is Straw - though
agree ivory is a better name for this color. I'll be painting a '69
Spider in this color which originally came with it. The paper sticker on
the inside trunk lid gives the code as: DUCO Monterecatini - Avorio
95-C-2374.

Not to confuse the issue, but there are four colors which I would call
"off white" - though many would call three of them, pure white. Not to
lecture but pure white is the absence of all color (black being a
combination of all colors).

The second number is apparently Du Pont's code but which does not show
up on the paint shop, which I use, computer's database. Your paint
shop's database might have better luck.

AR103 Straw 37001 - a warm white or very light yellow.

AR 013/101 Chalk White 8654 - a slightly blue tinged white which would
appear to most eyes as pure or a 'cold' white. If it wasn't for a car,
might be called "Refrigerator White".

AR 015 Chalk 43172 - a very subtle, slightly pinkish, warm white

AR 008 China White 37000 - probably as close to a pure white as you can
get.

These are the usual tipped in (glued) swatches, but doesn't mean they
were perfect to start with and might have faded over the years. Inks
generally don't fade much if not exposed to light, though I have
borrowed the swatches three times and leave them lying around so I won't
lose them. Note to self: File and add one more Post-It to the monitor as
to where self filed them.

Biba
Irwindale, CA USA