[alfa] Re: alfa-digest V10 #58

Your Milano is worth at least twice as much in the USA as it is in Italy. A
V-6 in Italy is virtually worthless no matter how good its condition. Gas in
Italy right now is well above $5 per gallon and most new Italian cars (including
Alfas) are diesels. You can buy good 164's for a couple of thousand dollars
and good 166's for under $10,000. Add $2,000 or more to get your Milano to
Italy and the situation becomes even more painful. Go to
www.http://www.automotorstore.com to see thousands of ads for used cars in Italy. The Milanos in Italy
are called Alfa 75. Prices are in Euros... one Euro = $1.25.

Duettos in Italy are worth a little more than in the U.S. Again figure on
$2000 minimum to take into the country. You may also be faced with Homologation
costs and import duties even though the cars were made in the USA. Better check
first. While I lived in Italy I decided to buy and import a Jeep Cherokee.
The car cost me $9000... the cost of getting it to Italy with Roll-On-Roll-Off
was still about $1500 and the homologation costs and duties and luxury tax on
the big engined car (Milano V-6 is the same) came to another $2000.

Good luck.. Personally, I'd sell all and buy a hot Alfa 156 with a 2.5 V-6
used for about $12-$15,000

Marc Mosko
91 164S
'84 Maratona
'74 GTV
'65 Spider Veloce
'72 Lancia Fulvia Zagato - Lost my head.

In a message dated 4/28/2004 1:25:55 PM Eastern Standard Time,