RE: [alfa] header for 71-89 spider

> There is currently an IAP header on sale for 71-89 spider
> http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&;
> item=2475933466&category=33631&sspagename=WDVW
> (item # 247593346). From the picture, it is clear that the four pipes
> that bolt to the engine (I'm sure there's a term for them) don't lie on
> a strait line. Is this normal? Also, how much modification is required
> to fit this to an 87 spider? If it requires modification to the
> converter itself, I may switch to a free flow cat at the same time I put
> on a header. Does anyone else sell free flow cats besides
> caribou? Thanks Ben 87 Spider

They'll bolt right up.  The headers will line up fine, those are 4 into 2
into 1, the 2 into 1 part isn't until quite far down the line.

Aside from finding the right plumbing to bolt on down stream of the downpipe
portion of this assembly, you're going to need to make provisions for your
O2 sensor.

This is a large assembly, I'm not sure if you can install this with the
engine in place..

bs