[alfa] Posting of URL's

I gather those who post URL's as in - "take a look at this" have a high
speed internet connection and assume everyone else does.

Why not give us more information as to what we'll actually be looking
at? Is it an incredibly rare Alfa for sale? If so, what is the year,
model, and condition? Is it a joke car - as in a bastardized Alfa? Is it
a joke item such as a  cheap 'supercharger' or 'turbo'? Yeah, I know it
spoils the surprise, but I for one do not like sitting for five to ten
minutes to see something I have absolutely no interest in. However, I
hate to miss out on something that might be especially interesting to me
or at least useful. Those of us on extremely slow 58k modems and are
using a business phone number (which they pay for) and are charged for
every minute they're on the phone (even should their internet provider
be next door)  like myself, most likely limit their 'fun' time surfing
to only what is really important to them.

Certainly not suggesting someone shouldn't post interesting items /
URL's, just let us decide ahead of time if it is important enough to
take the time to see it.

Biba
Irwindale, CA USA

And, yes, there are no bananas nor any form of high speed internet
access in this immediate area. Should we have a dish installed on the
flat roof, the owner charges a fee. Amongst the 150 (+ / -) spams I get
per day, I recently received the following:
 High Speed Internet<HighSpeedInternet@domain.elided> the Subject line is:
 The Subject is: "Find the cheapest high speed internet in your area"
which I think speaks for itself. I took a  look. I wasn't looking for
cheapest (although cheap would be nice) - simply any at all. Nada. Alas
and alors with a little blimey hell thrown in for good measure.