[alfa] '75 Spider Front Suspension Rebuild Questions

Going through a complete rebuild on my '75 Alfa Spider and have come up with a
few questions.  After searching the Archive I think I might have an answer for
one of them but will ask anyway.

1.  Is there a torque setting or anything to tell you how tight to make the
nuts holding the bushings/lower "A" swing arms to the lower "A" arm support
shaft (the one that attaches to the frame)?  (I think I found a reference in
the Archive where Jon Pike mentioned 40.5-42.6 ft/lbs but that could be the
torque for the 4 bolt/nut combos that attach the support shaft to the frame of
the car)

2. Should the aforementioned support shaft nuts (not the frame bolts)  be
torqued with weight on wheels?  Could be hard to do but might be the right way
to do it.

3. The spring pans I cleaned up and had powdercoated are both the same depth.
The ones I took off the car have a deeper pan on the passenger side.  My
stepdad says that is to compensate for the crown in the road.  Will I have a
noticeable handling difference if both sides have the same spring pan depth?
When I took off the passenger side pan there where two aluminum spacers in
there that just about compensated for the difference in depth.  I am
installing IAP springs, Red adjustable Konis, all new rubber bushings and
adjustable rear upper "A" arms.

Thanks much,

Mike Ritchey
Atlanta, GA