[alfa] 1969 Spider Ignition Switch Problem?

I believe Bruce Sharer has solved his own puzzle as to which wires go
where on his '69 Spider's ignition switch, but I'll throw out a little
more information 'just in case'.

First, I want to thank John Hertzman for pointing out there are two
different maker's (Nieman and Sipea) of 1750 ignition switches - which I
was not aware of. I have a bit of an advantage in that I have a loose
Nieman switch in front of me and one still hooked up in a '69 Spider.

It is possible you, Bruce, have a Sipea since one of your clock
designations (5 o'clock) doesn't exist on either of these two switches.
Therefore take what I say with a grain of salt, unless your switch turns
out to be a Nieman: Red wire can be attached to either the 9 or 11
o'clock terminals since they are both 30 (which goes to fuse #2); Black
wire attaches to 50 which is at 6 o'clock on mine and goes to the
starter solenoid; Brown & green / black wires attach to 15 which is at 3
o'clock - brown going to fuse #6 and green / black going logically to +
on coil.

Good logic work on your problem! However, do take careful notes if you
should ever remove the various components of the emergency flashers.

Biba
Irwindale, CA USA