[alfa] How to Properly Mount V-6 On Engine Stand?

I'm soon going to pull and rebuild the V-6 in my
Milano. This will be my first experience with the V-6,
although I have previously rebuilt Alfa 4-cyl.
engines.

My question regards the recommended method of mounting
the engine to an engine stand. I have mounted the
4-cyl. by either bolting up the rear housing to the
engine stand spider, or by mounting the block
"sideways" by way of the Jim Steck-designed mounting
adapter.

The Milano service manual shows the engine mounted on
the stand sideways, ala' the Jim Steck adaptor.
However, I do not think the Steck adaptor will fit the
V-6, nor does his ad specify that it will.

1) Can the V-6 be safely mounted "end on" to the
engine stand, as is customary?

2) Does anybody know of a source for an adaptor that
will allow the engine to be mounted sideways, as it
shows in the service manual?

Any other handy tips specific to rebuilding the V-6,
as opposed to the 4-cyl, are also very welcome.

Thanks,

Diogenio
S. Cal.