[alfa] Milano Verde Brake problem

Dear Digesters,

I have a 1987 Milano Verde that has had the dreaded overheating,
trouble-prone ABS removed and been converted to a Milano Gold brake system,
(conventional booster and pedal box have been installed)

It has a new master cylinder and a new proportioning valve, but when the
brakes are applied very briskly, the rear brakes virtually always lock up
and the car wants to swap ends!

My mechanic is a wizard but cannot diagnose the problem. The lines and
calipers SEEM fine, but we were wondering if anyone had an idea of what
might be happening here. I want to take the car to the CSRG Track day at
Thunderhill next month, but this behavior has to be corrected FIRST!

Any ideas or solutions are appreciated.

Regards,

Michael Pordes
1991 Spider
1995 164LS
1987 Milano Gold (FOR SALE SOON - Keep watching the Digest! )
1987 Milano Verde
(AND ..ooking for a reasonably priced clean 73 OR 74 GTV!