[alfa] Re: Driveshaft Vibes

Gil,

1.    Thanks for the pic of your pedal mod !

2.    I don't even know if it's possible on your car, but have you tried
'clocking' or 'indexing' the tailshaft ?

MARK EVERYTHING FIRST, then move the tailshaft around one bolt-hole relative
to the gearbox.  Test drive, take notes, then do it all again.  Keep trying
until you find the best position (least vibes), or you arrive back at the
original position.  Sometimes a really troublesome vibration can be the
result of things in synch with each other, magnifying the
resonance/vibration.

Then do it all at the back end of the driveshaft/diff flange, then again at
any other places it's possible, like in the middle of a 2-piece shaft.

I say again...MARK EVERYTHING FIRST  !!!!

Beatle
'67 Duetto
Oz