[alfa] CA Bill # AB2683

Brian Shorey apparently feels he has a better 'answer' to CA Assembly
Members as to why they should not vote on the above numbered bill.

"That doesn't seem a good argument for allowing a bunch of gross
polluters. They won't pass, therefore we should let them by?"

I make it clear the majority of older cars are 'up to spec', but allow
that the current  more stringent CA requirements make it difficult, or
impossible for these older cars to meet these revised demands. It
shouldn't take too great of a mind for a politician to figure out the CA
Assembly allowed these cars onto our 'shores' when they were new, ergo,
how can owners now be held responsible to make these older vehicles
'better than new', pollution wise.

Either Assembly Member Chavez, along with whoever reads his email for
him, has a brain...or not.

bs seems pleased I tugged on the heartstrings of the poor unfortunates
who can't afford anything newer. Yeah, I am counting on that, but have
no compunctions about also bringing in the middle class along with the
rich - they are the verbal ones in most cases and the ones who fiscally
support 'their' candidate. Jay Leno doesn't quite fall in the category
of a poor unfortunate who is 'forced' to drive an older car for economic
reasons. Jay, I feel had a lot to do with quashing the last stupid
assembly bill which wanted to do away with CA smog exemptions for older
cars.

Again, I feel the low mileage argument is pretty much of a 'duh'. If a
politician feels there are huge numbers of 25 to 30 year old cars on our
roads, then no matter what I say will matter. If he (apparently not
Assembly Member (woman) Lieber) feels this is the case and feels he
'sees' multitudes of 25 and older cars when he tours Irwindale and
surrounding cities of the 57th district in his limo, am I supposed to
say, "No you didn't?"

In this primarily blue collar area he'll see tons of large American and
small Japanese 80's pickups and economy cars, except for the (invariably
black) Mercedes' driven (slowly and inevitably) by Asians.

Thanks for your input, bs, I now feel much better I said exactly what I
wanted to say.

Biba
Irwindale, CA USA