[alfa] driveshaft vibration

I can definitely sympathize with Ed Prytherch's driveshaft vibration problem. My 1985 Spider has a driveshaft resonance at about 38 mph which goes away +/- 6 mph. I've had the u-joints replaced and the complete shaft balanced at the drive line shop to no discernible effect. Since the engine had dropped to the point of just touching the engine guard, I replaced the motor mounts and this raised the engine about 1 inch, eliminating a bend at the drive line doughnut. Still no vibration improvement. Had all wheels balanced again. Same result. I then replaced the front section shaft with a spare that has a new bearing. Still same vibration. At this point it appears that the only remaining option is a complete new drive shaft, but at $319 plus shipping (IAP), I'm looking for a second opinion; any volunteers?

Gil
Port Orange, FL
1985 Spider