[alfa] Alfa Romeo for the U.S.?

I just received my May issue of Road & Track magazine in the mail and on the
front cover saw a teaser line, "Alfa Romeo for the U.S." Wow! Double wow!!

I eagerly, and that's an understatement, go to the index to find the article.
Nothing. Further page shuffling to page 64 finds only a short reference, with
one lousy picture, of the new Giugiaro-designed Visconti, which is described
as, "An evolution of the current 156 range."

Granted, it's a nice-looking automobile, although probably a little out of my
price range, but there was no further reference to, as they put it, "Alfa
Romeo for the U.S." Will the Visconti be the vehicle Alfa chooses to sell when
they return to North America? Who knows.

Right now I'm a little disappointed in Road & Track, as they could have used
that come-on line as an April fool's joke in last month's magazine.

Oh, well ... end of rant. When they return, they'll return. Back to your
regularly scheduled programming.

John Thompson
Sylmar, CA
'74 GTV