[alfa] Re: thermostatic actuator

> Adding shims below the TA piston is redneck
> engineering.

Adding shims is redneck engineering?  Like Alfa used
in its valve-train design?  In my view, using a spacer
is a better piece of engineering than the original TA
design, which is clever but not very robust.  And
better, I think, than squeezing the TA bulb, which is
what was done by a PO of my car.

So I will use a spacer without shame, as long as I
think it will work.  But maybe it won't work, for
reasons that I have not anticipated, which is why I
asked the question originally.

Mark